Leading European blockchain interface solutions provider, RIDDLE&CODE, has announced details and context of its Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) or Blockchain hardware wallet that is powering a Daimler Financial Services-led consortium to provide an open car wallet solution.
“This is a prime example of a global market leader betting on European industry collaboration and DLT-based innovation. A new generation of open mobility services will create new business models, and RIDDLE&CODE is excited to be at the heart of it with our hardware-based car wallet,” said Alexander Koppel, CEO and co-founder of RIDDLE&CODE. He added, “It shows an ability to continue to offer disruptive value-added services creating new marketplaces for mobility, energy and finance.”
Car wallets enable a wide variety of use cases from car-sharing to Autonomous Vehicles. The real-time exchange of secure traffic data between vehicles and smart city environments reduces congestion and lowers insurance premiums, and Blockchain-certified data can be used in case of accidents.
RIDDLE&CODE provides Vehicle Identity, trusted data provenance and a settlement layer as part of this DLT consortium.
Tom Fürstner, the company’s Founder and CTO, said:
“Autonomous cars must behave consistently to be trusted. Cars are already computing devices. A secure identity ensures that the right authorities have approved code executed inside vehicles and the trustworthiness of data exchanged. RIDDLE&CODE secures this with its cryptographic hardware and uses ledgers to turn automobiles into future market places.”
The hardware wallet solution is built around RIDDLE&CODE’s Secure Element 2.0 that provides a protected blockchain identity to vehicles. Merging that with standard Vehicle Identity (e.g. registration) creates unique and secure ledger transactions.
Other partners in the Daimler-led Mobility Blockchain Platform include Blockchain Helix for human digital identity solutions, Evan.Network for the Network layer and 51 Nodes for Smart Contracts.
RIDDLE&CODE is a European Blockchain interface company, that builds hardware and software stacks, bringing trusted identity to objects and people. Together with its tier one clients and partners, RIDDLE&CODE brings greater efficiency and new business models to financial markets, energy distribution, supply chain management and the Internet of Things. More information: www.
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU – July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf – July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies – July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched – July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE – July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs – July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments – July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings – July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds – July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web – July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash – July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform – July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials – July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty – July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial – July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext – July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 – July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association – June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria – June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard – June 19, 2019
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link