Today, Visa the world’s leader in digital payments, announced that 11 new European partners will implement the Visa Token Service (VTS), to create a more secure shopping environment for customers who store payment details on file with their favorite merchants.
Visa Token Service makes online shopping more secure for consumers by removing the sensitivity of account information, which makes merchants less of a target for hackers, limiting the risk of fraud and data breaches.
The adoption of Visa Token Service by partners across Europe highlights how the industry is responding to consumer concerns around online security. Visa is continuously aiming to drive innovation in the payments ecosystem. In addition to enhancing security, expired or compromised payment credentials can be seamlessly updated in the background by the financial institution, eliminating a significant point of friction for consumers and merchants.
Visa Token Service was launched in 2014 as part of its ongoing commitment to the growth and security of e- and m-commerce. Since that time there has been a significant uptake, with new companies including merchants, acquirer gateways and technology companies joining the program.
Mark Austin, Executive Director, Product Solutions Europe, Visa explains: “Visa is committed to making the ecommerce experience as safe, secure and simple as possible for everyone in the ecosystem. By integrating Visa Token Service, merchants and payment gateways no longer have to store sensitive account data, greatly reducing fraud risk for consumers who save their card information to mobile devices, mobile apps or eCommerce merchants online. This will help make ecommerce payments safer while also creating a frictionless payment experience for consumers.”
New partners adopting the program do not need to wait for individual certification approval and can launch their token-on-file initiative quickly and easily.
“As the first acquirer to integrate with the Visa Token Service for all our global markets, we are thrilled to also confirm our readiness for European based merchants,” said Edgar Verschuur, head of global acquiring, Adyen. “We have already seen strong performance with the processing of network tokens globally. Through our direct integration with the Visa Token Service, we now give our merchants a zero-effort and safe way to enhance the stored payment credentials of their shoppers. This does not only help improve authorization rates but also reduces involuntary churn.”
Jonathan O’Connor, Chief Commercial Officer of Secure Trading Group: “The security of the funds we process for merchants is our top priority, and the Visa Token Service will help us to greatly enhance the way that we achieve this. By removing the friction point of handling sensitive data on our gateway, we are able to further fortify our systems against fraud risks. Visa has long been a market-leader in terms of payments innovation, and we’re delighted to benefit from the latest in card-on-file tokenisation.”
Didier Brouat, CCO of MONEXT, said: “Monext looks forward to offering Visa tokenisation as proof of our commitment to always offering more simplicity, efficiency and protection to both merchants and consumers.”
Visa Token Service replaces consumer account information such as the Primary Account Number (PAN) and expiry information with a unique digital identifier or “token” so that sensitive data is never shared. Plus, tokens can be restricted to work only with a specific merchant, adding yet another layer of security to digital payments. For consumers, this enables a more secure and convenient payment experience, while for merchants it reduces the numbers of declines as the transaction cannot be held up by expired payment credentials.
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space – May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform – May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community – May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch – May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country – May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies – May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending – May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 – May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies – May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets – May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum – May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain – April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform – April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design – April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency – April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN – April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption – April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings – April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies – April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union – April 6, 2019
View All Articles
Credit Source link